Living in Colorado, it’s easy to forget that we live in an arid state, which means our water resources are limited and precious.
Water conservation in the home...
- Check faucets and pipes for leaks
- Check your toilets for leaks
- Install water-saving showerheads and low-flow faucet aerators
- Take shorter showers
- Turn the water off while brushing teeth
- Use your dishwasher and washing machine only for full loads
Water conservation in the yard and garden...
- Plant drought-resistant lawns and plants
- Put a layer of mulch around trees and plants
- Water your lawn only when it needs it
- Water during early parts of the day and avoid watering while windy
Conservation Rebate Program
Bow Mar Water and Sanitation District customers are encouraged to take advantage of this money-saving opportunity. The rebate program not only allows you to save money on equipment purchases, but will reward you with lower water bills in the future.
Please check Denver Water’s Residential Rebate page for the current rebate amounts available.